Friday, August 16, 2013

Not What I Planned



So my plans to get to Seoul have not gone exactly according to plan. Long story short, I got turned around in the Chicago airport and was possibly given a wrong ticket for my flight to Incheon.  So here I am not writing to you all from my hotel room here in Chi Town.
                I had arrived early from my first flight into Chicago and was directed to my next gate and terminal by a flight attendant who met us at the airport terminal when we left the plane.  Well I got to the terminal that he said I needed to be at and sat for a few minutes trying to catch my breath. Well I started to notice that the people around me were speaking Japanese and that their tickets had Tokyo as their final destination. I went up to the desk and asked if this was where I needed to be. The lady was no help, she looked at my ticket and pretty much said that I needed to be across the airport in a different terminal and that I better get running.
Well after running around with my head cut off trying to find out how to get to the correct terminal, I finally found where I needed to be going and go to the international security check in. I was cutting it very close to the boarding time, but would still have made it. But a representative from my airline to Korea came out into the security line and was looking for me. When I showed her y ticket, she said that the ticket would not work and that I needed to get it changed in order to board the plane. Mind you this is before I even passed security. So she pulls me out of line and we run to the ticket booth—there is not a person in sight. She let me go into the back room, where all the attendants hang out, to see if they could do anything for me. They just look at my ticket and then at the clock and said sorry, nothing we can do here. At that the lady gave me back my ticket and ran through security, leaving me there in the terminal check-in with no freaking idea what to do.
So obviously I did what every sane 20 something college student would do, I held back the water works and called mom and dad. We eventually, through numerous conversations with my first airline and phone convos with my second airline, got me on the next flight to Seoul…which leaves tomorrow…at noon…
But now that I am in my hotel room, which is pretty nice, considering this was VERY last min.



 I am just trying to catch my breath and trying to keep myself busy.
                So since I have nothing to do for about 11 hours, I am going to do a random post on this blog to quell all the emotions that are swirling inside of me at the moment. What to talk about…what to talk about…
I’ll think of something later and add it in under an edit. Right now, I am going to eat some homemade granola and watch YouTube videos/ tv.

1 comment:

  1. Every cloud has a silver lining. I hope you find the right terminal on this time :)

    ReplyDelete